Sunday, February 6

Mayo and Vinegar - Green Living

So I've been MIA for over a week now but I am trying to catch up!

Meet my new friends Mayo and Vinegar:


You might remember these guys from french fries, ham sandwiches, and deviled eggs. Or whatever recipe you've got.

But what you don't know is that mayo and vinegar can be some of your best friends for green living! Here are just a few things that I've used mayo and vinegar for THIS WEEKEND ALONE!
1) Mayo to remove water stains from my antique sewing machine (I learned this trick from Centsational Girl and her DIY: Salvaged Dresser post
2) Diluted vinegar to clean some windows - this is the first time I've done this and while I was skeptical because they took a LONG time to dry, once dry they looked great.
3) 1/8 cup of vinegar diluted in the rinse cycle instead of fabric softener (this also cuts down the soap residue that can cause allergic reactions)
4) Diluted vinegar to disinfect and clean my kitchen sink
5) Vinegar (plus baking soda) run through the sink drain.

Other things I've heard of or used may and vinegar for in the past:
1) Mayo to remove stickers and sticker goo from furniture
2) Vinegar mixed with rubbing alcohol (half and half) to clean and dry ears after swimming
3) Vinegar to remove hard water stains (you can also soak your shower head and faucet with a diluted vinegar solution - this works especially well if your shower head is clogged and the flow is all off balance)
4) Mayo as a conditioner (really? um....)

Anyhoo, here is a link with more great uses for vinegar http://www.vinegartips.com/ and another for a few uses for mayo http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-some-uses-for-mayonnaise.htm

What about you? Any crazy uses for household items?

:-) Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I hope you've had as much fun reading about my adventure as I have had writing about it! I would love to hear from you! :-) Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...